Sunday, April 20, 2008

Race for the Cure!

My friend Rachel, her mom Brenda and I ran in the Race for the Cure Saturday. This is a picture of us before the race started. I was able to run the whole way, about 3.1 miles. I didn't place of course because I am not a very good runner. Rachel said i passed her right before we got to the finish line but i swear i don't see much when I am running. It was a lot of fun and we have plans to do it again next year. My Sis-in-law bought the white jacket I am wearing and embroidered it for me just for the race. You can see the two pink ribbons and above one it says "Granny" and above the other it says "Mom". Even though they didn't die of breast cancer, i was running for them. Oh, by the way, if you want to read a tearjerker of a book, get "Before I Say Goodbye" by Ruth Picardie. I bought it years ago after my Mom died and recently re-read it. it has a lot more meaning to me now that I have my own baby but I loved it when i first read it years ago before I was even THINKING about having a kid. Check it out if you get a chance and want a good cry.

1 comment:

FoR 3 GoOd ReAsOnS said...

Love the jacket! And the book is off to a good start too!