I am stealing Adaire's idea and doing my own "Year in Review". Where shall I start? In January we found out that we were having a little boy. In February Chris and I went on our last romantic getaway to Eureka Springs before the baby was born. In March, we went down to Perryville for Robbie's birthday and then again for my first baby shower given to me by Adaire. March 30 was also my last day of work and then my 2nd baby shower was the next day given to me by the wonderful girls i worked with. In May of course our first (and probably only) baby was born and thus began 3 1/2 months of colic hell. In June, Chris and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and took the baby down to see Granny. In July, Granny passed away. In August, we met Kyle and Adaire and the boys at Mount Magazine Lodge and spent the night. In September my baby started sleeping all night long (thank goodness!!!) and it was also the 6th anniversary of Mom's death. In October, Chris' aunt Karen-I claim her as my own now-flew out to Mena so we went to see her and Chris' grandparents came down from Missouri to see Austin. We took them to Eureka Springs and had a really good time. In November, i celebrated my-gulp-30th! birthday and our Aunt Karen flew out to spend Thanksgiving with us. Then came December and we celebrated Christmas with my family the weekend before Christmas and I received the best present ever in my life-the quilt that Adaire made for me out of mom and granny's clothes. On Christmas Day, we spent Christmas in our OWN HOUSE!!! Woo Hoo!!! It was a tough holiday season for me this year since Granny wasn't here, mom wasn't here and it was my first holiday season as a mom without two of the most important people in my life.
I have lots of resolutions for this upcoming year. One of them is to stay out of Bath and Body Works! I have so many lotions and body washes!!! of course, i'm not opposed to receiving their products as gifts...but I am going to do my best to stay out of that store this year! I also want to try to save more money. Chris wants a hunting cabin out in the woods so bad he can taste it so i'm sure we will be looking into that a little more. I also want to try to be a better sis-in-law, and sister and aunt. I think it will be a good year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great "year in review"! Loved your resolutions...well keep in mind you are still recieving gifts from b&bw!! As the sis-in-law, mother of the nephews, and wife of the brother...THANKS!!
P.S. I'm sure Mom & Granny are looking down thinking you're doing a great job as a mom. love ya!
Thank you!!!!!
Keep up the GOOD work!!!
Post a Comment