So this morning Austin was taking his sweet time as usual to eat his breakfast. I had already finished mine so I started unloading the dishwasher which is a daily chore at my house and it is one I don't really like for some reason...but anyway! Back to the story. I was putting up the silverware (why do they call it this if it isn't real silver? the color maybe?) and Austin says "There's baby in mommy's belly!" It took me a little by surprise because he hasn't said a word about it since before my miscarriage. So, I said "No, I don't have a baby in my belly anymore." He then repeats himself a little more forcefully and I tell him the same thing again. This time he practically screams it at me (he does this a lot and gets in trouble for it a lot). I guess he thinks I can't hear or can't understand him. Kinda like when people start speaking louder and louder to someone who speaks a foreign language thinking they will understand what is being said if it is said as loudly as possible. So, after telling him once again that yelling at Mommy is not OK, I tell him that the baby died-like he even knows what this means! He looks down at his cereal bowl for a few seconds and says
"Oooooh nooo." in a tone of voice that says this isn't good! It made me laugh because it was so cute the way he said it. I had to bend down and pretend I was picking up a plate out of the dishwasher to hide my smile. It did make me ache on the inside though. Then I remembered I can once again drink real coffee and so I had a cup. or two. OK, maybe three. Then all was right with the world again. At least for a few minutes anyway.
Target (yes, the store that I love so dearly) also sent me an awful reminder that I am no longer pregnant. I get the mail today and they have sent me a magazine full of all the latest and greatest gadgets, gizmos, and baby equipment that I could ever want or need for a new baby. Only problem is, I don't have a baby to buy them for. Why does the store I love have to be so cruel? Where's the love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I sorry Sarah I know your heart must ache. Still thinking about you!
We are rounding up Arkansas Bloggers to link up to the new arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com. We plan to eventually organize everyone by location. Please come join us if you haven't already done son. You can grab the new badge code if you would like to post it on your blog.
You can email me at arkansasbloggers@sbcglobal.net if you have questions. If you've already been invited to join up, sorry for the duplication. It's just a daunting task trying to reach everyone. We'd love for you to help us spread the word.
Sorry about the miscarriage. I'm glad your little one could make you smile when talking about it.
Post a Comment