Sunday, March 29, 2009

Eating From the Pantry Challenge

One of my favorite blogs http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ this past week featured an eating from the pantry challenge. I decided that is what I am going to do for the next two weeks. Chris is out of town for a few days this week so that will make it a little easier. I had thought about the challenge after reading about it and since we have had some unexpected expenses come up this month, I thought it would be a great time to try this. I have already come up with a lot of ideas. I am going to go to the grocery store today because there are some things we "need" like cokes, that I can't make myself.

To start this challenge, yesterday I made my very own homemade sandwich bread and this morning Chris made waffles and we made extra for Austin to eat for breakfast this week. We even used up some blueberries we had by putting them in some of the waffles.

I will post updates through the week to let you know how we are doing.

I promise I will be posting some pics of Austin soon. I am jsut too lazy right now to run downstairs to get the camera.

No comments: