Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday and a Miscarriage

I had miscarriage # 2 yesterday. I am really disappointed and sad about this one because everything seemed to be going so well. I started spotting on Tuesday and the dr's office got me in for an ultrasound and the baby had no heartbeat. It died just a few days after the first ultrasound I had. So they scheduled me for a D&C on Wed so that is what I had done yesterday. It went way better than the first miscarriage I had, thank goodness! Besides some cramping, i am feeling pretty good physically today. The pain meds help with that too!!! Emotionally, I am OK. I am upset about losing the baby but right now I feel like I am handling it OK. Even though I just had my 2nd miscarriage in a row, I am still very thankful for a lot of things.

1. I am very thankful for my healthy, happy little boy.
2. I am thankful for my doctor and for all the wonderful nurses at the hospital yesterday. They were all very sweet and caring.
3. I am thankful for my fireplace because I turned it on yesterday and curled up on the couch and took a long, warm nap.
4. I am thankful for narcotics. LOL!!!
5. I am thankful that my dad was able to come up and stay with Austin yesterday. Austin had a wonderful time with his Paw-Paw. Thank you so much Dad!!!
6. I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family.
7. I am thankful to be alive and healthy and that I didn't almost bleed to death yesterday like I did during my first miscarriage.
8. I am thankful I have some friends coming over today to keep me company and help with Austin even though he is getting to be really independent and self-sufficient.
9. I am so Thankful for my wonderful husband. He is always so supportive and sweet to me.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Bless your heart Sarah! I'm so sorry. I will say a prayer for you.

Nicole said...

So sorry to hear Sarah. Glad to hear you are feeling okay. Take care!