Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Mom

Today is the date of the last time I ever saw my Mom's face. Today is the day we buried her 7 years ago. In case you don't know, she was a smoker and she died of lung cancer Sept.12, 2001. I still think about her a million times a day everyday. I wonder what she would think of Chris, what games she would play with Austin and what in the world she would do with her 4 grandsons! I know that she would have enjoyed them immensely. It makes me incredibly sad that she isn't here for me to talk to but it makes me even sadder that 4 little boys do not have the Granny they should have had. Mason was only 9 1/2 months old when she passed away so at least she did get hold and play with her oldest grandson for a short time.

Even after 7 years I still feel like a big chunk of me is missing. It has hit me especially hard this year for some reason. I don't have my Grandma who was my link to my Mom. And yes, she passed away last July so I didn't have her at this time last year either but I was in a daze last year because of Austin. So this year, I'm really feeling her absence. Anyway, that is what has been on my mind this weekend.

We have also been working really hard on the kitchen and we are SOOO close. We finished the tile and Oh My! It looks sooooo good. I will get a picture up soon.

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

Sarah,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. The similarities between our stories are crazy, I agree. I understand what you wrote about missing your grandmother and the link she provided to your mom. I still have my mom's mother, but at 96, her mind and body are slowing slipping, and the realization of how hard a loss that will be is becoming a reality.

I wish you peace. Maybe we'll get to meet someday up here in Hog Country.

Sheryl

Adaire said...

Why is it still sooooo hard?