Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quiet Summer

This has been a quiet summer so far. We have just been chillin' (Literally! I am so frickin' cold in the house!). Austin came down with an ear infection last week and boy was he a grouch! It was a throwback to his colicky days. Constant fussing with no way to comfort him at all. Not fun!

For father's Day, we just hung out here at the house. Austin's ear infection was in full swing and he was not fun to deal with and the day was pretty boring. We did have a fantastic dinner though. We had smoked turkey, my Mom's cream corn, and homemade mashed taters and gravy. Chris is getting a fiberglass replica made of his smallmouth bass he caught back in March and so that is his Father's Day present. I think we need a "man room" for him soon because my living room is being overrun by dead wildlife!

Austin has taken a liking to Dora the explorer. I can' remember if I have posted about that or not but after I got him some Dora dvd's, he is counting to 10, saying "si" for "yes" and saying all kinds of new words!

I am finally starting to figure out how to "handle" Austin. We went to the library this week and they have tons of those wood puzzles there for kids to play with. He was playing with one, took a lot of pieces out, and started to walk off. I asked him to put them back and of course he said NO! So, I asked him to show me where they went and he did! It is all in the wording!

I think that Austin gets cuter every single day!

I celebrated a victory with Austin today. I was able to take him to the grocery store with me and actually get my shopping done! What I did today was when I found something I needed, I handed it to Austin and asked him to put it in the cart for me. He was very happy to oblige and was such a good boy during our trip! Most of my grocery store trips with him are a nightmare!!!

Not much else is happening. Chris may have to work Saturday but if not, we are going to go to the farmers market and take a gander. I hope to get some fresh goodies.

No comments: