Friday, April 2, 2010

Chocolate Cheerios





Austin enjoyed his chocolate Cheerios for breakfast this morning. Mi-Mi and Paw-Paw sent them to him for Easter.
We have been busy these last couple of weeks. Chris and I were able to get away for the weekend thanks to a couple of good friends of ours. It was some much needed time alone and away from Spongebob and the constant crashing of Hot Wheels cars! It was VERY quiet without Austin and Chris kept turning on the tv i think just for the noise. We don't get many chances to get away alone together so this was the best thing anyone could have done for us! We haven't had a weekend alone since Austin was 14 mo old so it was WAY overdue!
I can't wait for Easter morning. I have put together a pretty fabulous Easter basket for Austin. Monster trucks, dinasaurs, chocolate...all his favorites! The basket itself isn't much but he is going to LOVE all the goodies I have found for him. He had his Easter egg hunt at Mothers Day Out this week and he really seemed to enjoy it. He loved finding the eggs the Easter bunny left for him last year so I think he will like it even more this year. Sunday we are just going to let Austin hunt Easter eggs and then we are going to cook some really good food and hopefully play outside a lot if the weather is nice.
It is hard to believe that Austin is going to be 3 next month! Wow! Now we just have to decide what to do for his birthday. I think on his actual birthday we will take him to Chuck E Cheese that night as a special treat. He wants a dinasaur birthday party so whatever party we have will have dinasaurs included!

No comments: