Thursday, October 8, 2009

Miscarriage

If you have noticed I haven't posted in a while, well, I have some good reasons. First, my grandma (my last grandparent) passed away on sept 12 which also happens to be the day my mom passed away 8 years ago. Then last week, I had one hell of a miscarriage.

I knew from the start that something wasn't right with the pregnancy so I wasn't surprised when I started bleeding. They were just little things and while I know every pregnancy is different, something just didn't feel right. Well, my pregnancy symptoms went away and the bleeding got heavier on Tuesday until Chris had to take me to the ER. I almost passed out several times at home and I couldn't stand up for a while or hardly even talk. I had an emergency D & C and i lost a lot of blood before they even did the D & C. So much blood in fact, that i had to have a blood tranfusion. I don't think the nurses and dr's believed me when I said I was bleeding a lot until they saw how much I was bleeding. I had several nurses say "Oh honey, you ARE bleeding a lot!" After surgery the bleeding slowed down immensely but i did not sleep much in the hospital and I was beyond emotionally and physically exhausted. I have never felt that kind of tired. Thankfully when I told Robbie that I was in the ER, she and dad decided to just come on up. they know I'm not a big baby and that it must be serious if I am at the ER. Robbie and Chris stayed up all night with me and my Dad watched Austin. Then Dad and Robbie took Austin home with them for a few days so I could really rest. That is the longest I have been away from Austin and he was NOT happy to see me on Sunday when he came home. He had too good of a time at Mi-Mi and Paw-Paw's. So, I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to my family for watching Austin for us!!!

I am still not back to my normal. I did laundry on tuesday and so on Wednesday it was all i could do to get Austin to preschool and back. I felt like I had run a marathon the day before! So today I am on the computer and then I am headed to bed to sleep and rest some more. It will be a while before I am feeling good again apparently.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Hope that you get to feeling better soon!

Nic said...

I hate that for you Sarah. I hope you feel better soon!

Brayden's mom said...

I am so sorry to hear that, please let me or Jeff know if there is anything we can do for you. And of course you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself both physically and emotionally!