Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fussiest Baby in the World

I think i have the fussiest baby in the world! Yesterday was AWFUL!!! He woke up from his nap about 1.30 and it was all downhill from there. Robbie called me about 5 and I had to go in the kitchen to talk because the baby was so fussy. Then i couldn't take the fussing anymore and I went outside and sat on my tailgate while the baby cried in the living room. I tried to take him on a walk and that didn't work. he just cried. The worst part is not being able to comfort him when he is like this. there is really nothing i can do and it frustrates the you know what out of me! he doesn't like to be held or rocked. If you do hold him, you have to be standing up which kills my back and then half the time that doesn't even work. He IS getting another tooth in but tylenol and motrin don't even phase it. I am ready to go back to work full time and pay someone else to deal with him. it's just awful!! Does anyone know anyone else with a kid like this???

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi! My name is Shelly. I'm Shawna's sister-in-law.
I've read your blog a few times and when I read this post, my heart went out to you. My youngest son had hours like that! He would cry and cry and cry and cry some days. Sometimes I would have to just put him in his crib and walk away. Then I felt like I must be a bad mom because all of my friends had "perfect" babies.
It's not that way at all! All babies are different. I'll be praying for you!

Sarah said...

Hi Shelly! I am so glad I'm not the only one who has a fussy baby!!! How long was your son like that? I have also left Austin in the crib and I go outside to get away from his crying. It is just incredibly frustrating!

Shelly said...

He isn't really a baby anymore. Well, he'll always be my baby but he will be 11 years old this April. The fussy-ness became less and less frequent, the older he got. He was about 3 or 4, when he could communicate a little better, that it really quit happening.

FoR 3 GoOd ReAsOnS said...

Maybe he just doesnt want to stick to such a strict schedule all the time. for example: even though he doesn't take a bottle when he wakes up, he might be thirsty-try a cup of juice or milk. and he might like a little snack like a fruit cup or some jello something that's cool to his mouth. I don't know...give him a tooth brush to chew on. It sounds like he is as frustrated as you are! Remember that they sense that and that only makes things worse. Have you tried any baby videos? go buy a baby einstien(sp) video and turn it up to get his attention. He is old enough to watch something like that. I also will be praying for you. we will be spending more time together soon. love you all. call me if you need me. =)